www.nycsubway.org

THREATENED BY UNDERCOVER NYPD AT STILLWELL AVE. (712900)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ Next in Thread ]

Posted by High St / Brooklyn Bridge on Mon May 24 22:50:47 2004

Tonight around 8:40PM I went to Stillwell Ave. with subtalker Mark W. to briefly photograph the new station. Immediately after entering fare control two plainclothes NYPD officers surrounded me (I was the only one taking photos). One officer flashed his badge and told me there is no photography allowed. I responded firmly and politely saying that I am aware of the rules and regulations which clearly do not prohibit photography. I elaborated saying I was not:
a) impeding passenger foot traffic
b) using a tripod
c) using a flash.
I explained that all of the aforementioned instances are in violation of the NYCTA photography policy while what I was doing was most certainly NOT.
The police officer then asked for identification and I complied, producing my New York State drivers license and explaining I have lived in Brooklyn my whole life and am using the photos solely for personal use.
Long story short, the police officer then said "I don't care about the law (referring to my explanation of it). I'm telling you NO PICTURES." He finished his 'discussion' with me stating: "if you're not gone in 10 minutes you are going to have a big problem."

Questions and comments are most certainly welcome.
-Harry

www.NYCrail.com - The Other Side of the Tracks

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.