www.nycsubway.org

Re: THREATENED BY UNDERCOVER NYPD AT STILLWELL AVE. (713187)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Peter Dougherty on Tue May 25 12:27:18 2004, in response to Re: THREATENED BY UNDERCOVER NYPD AT STILLWELL AVE.,
posted by Piggo12 on Tue May 25 09:08:51 2004.

The hell with the summons, bring on the arrest. Harry could have had a nice lawsuit on his hands. I know a lawyer who specializes in suing the NYPD for false arrest - My girlfriend has a suit now pending. Then he could file a complaint CCRB. Now is the time to expose the bullshit that some cops have been getting over with for years.

Just be damned careful, and I would advise STRONGLY against doing this if you aren't a full US citizen. Non-citizens are being deported or threatened with deportation for relatively minor BS offences (a very minor bar fight in NJ got a resident-alien friend of mine in an INS holding cell for 6 days back in February, and only $5,000 in lawyers fees kept him from being deported back to Canada).

These guys mean business and unless you're rich enough to follow this through to the end, you may be in for a rude surprise if they decide to make an issue out of it.

Cheers,
PJ Dougherty

Publisher, Tracks of the NYC Subway
Centennial Commorative Edition coming soon...maybe

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.