www.nycsubway.org

Re: THREATENED BY UNDERCOVER NYPD AT STILLWELL AVE. (713134)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Newkirk Plaza David on Tue May 25 10:54:20 2004, in response to THREATENED BY UNDERCOVER NYPD AT STILLWELL AVE.,
posted by High St / Brooklyn Bridge on Mon May 24 22:50:47 2004.

It would be really interesting to see me getting caught with my camera phone (no there will be none of the other stuff if I want to do this.), and the police will stop me. Arrested for taking pictures in the subway? Maybe but I will cooperate with any NYPD officer of any rank. But watch, someone will have a hot head and put the cuffs on me without any reason other than identifying him/herself.

Then when they find out what ID I have maybe NYCT will have more than a lawsuit on their hands. Wish me luck, cause I know the cards are stacked against me and the rest of the free world. Today, for example, there were three officers standing guard outside the NY Stock Exchange fencing area, and 2 photographers across the street from the NYSE grounds. So why is photography allowed on a so-called "high risk" target, but not on the subway. Isn't the NYSE the economic engine of the U.S. economy and is one of the lifelines of New York. Could we just bear watching the news on a daily basis, or reading the newspaper and not finding out how the bulls (or bears) did on "the street" earlier? Is allowing photography to a possible terrorist target worth risking trillions of dollars and hundreds of jobs across this country? Will Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan be out of a job too, because a building at the S/W corner of Nassau and Wall Streets was reduced to rubble from a bomb exploding around the grounds?
Something to think about.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.