www.nycsubway.org

Re: THREATENED BY UNDERCOVER NYPD AT STILLWELL AVE. (716065)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by BrooklynBus on Sun May 30 21:52:53 2004, in response to Re: THREATENED BY UNDERCOVER NYPD AT STILLWELL AVE.,
posted by David of Broadway on Sun May 30 11:34:31 2004.

"Aggressive driving is too amorphous a category to enforce."

I disagree. Aggressive driving is especially prevalent on highways. It is simply tailgating then switching lanes to get around a car, staying in that lane for two or three seconds, tailgating someone else, switching again for a couple of seconds, etc. I've watched people switching lanes 12 times in under a minute. The funny thing is they don't gain that much and are only six cars ahead of you after all that maneuvering. The danger is if one car decides to slow up unexpectedly, you have an accident. Some of those highway patrol cars who are in one place trying to catch speeders should be patrolling looking for aggressive drivers instead.

The only advantage of driving during bad weather, is that most of the aggessive driving diaappears. But on a nice day, sometimes it seems that everyone is in a hurry and more than half the cars are driving aggressively. When that happens I wish I were somewhere else because driving becomes too stressful.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.