www.nycsubway.org

Eric Oszustowicz Re: PHOTOS, PHOTOS-1980's Graffiti Era, Pre GOH-What do you think? (679211)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by William A. Padron on Tue Mar 23 13:55:15 2004, in response to Re: PHOTOS, PHOTOS-1980's Graffiti Era, Pre GOH-What do you think?,
posted by David Pirmann - Web Site Host on Tue Mar 23 12:03:31 2004.

Well, I will tell you on this SubTalk board that the car interior snapshots and the photo of R-27 #8169 at Bedford Park Boulevard were all from the impressive camera eye of Eric Oszustowicz, a fellow colleague and ERA member whom I first met at a MESTA (now-UTC) meeting in 1984. Eric is an excellent railfan photographer IMHO, and he usually would go out of his way to get "that" moment on film, just like the other members that I know personally Glenn Smith and the late Steve Zabel.

I used to buy lots of slides from Eric, especially any R-10 stuff which I would literally clean out from him at any price. However, he has been awhile since I had last spoken to Eric in years, although I did spot him about two weeks ago on an uptown IRT #4 train of R-142A's reading a copy of the Financial Times newspaper.

Such great examples of his work in photographing the R-10's can be seen in images 2374 [car #2974], 2375 [car #2977], 2534 [car #3280] and 2552 [car #3302]. Note that image 2552 was credited as from the Joe Testagroe collection, but I have the original slide by Eric himself that was made extra and available (including me).

-William A. Padron
["Fulton-Lefferts Blvd."]

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.