www.nycsubway.org

Re: Eric Oszustowicz Re: PHOTOS, PHOTOS-1980's Graffiti Era, Pre GOH-What do you think? (681417)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by William A. Padron on Sat Mar 27 13:18:34 2004, in response to Re: Eric Oszustowicz Re: PHOTOS, PHOTOS-1980's Graffiti Era, Pre GOH-What do you think?,
posted by Far Rockaway A Train on Fri Mar 26 16:14:07 2004.

Ah, I check through my archives of car records and past NYD-ERA "Bulletin" issues, there is now indeed written evidence that your statements are correct concerning the WH R-27's being there first on the "C" line at that time, then the unrebuilt R-30's followed soon afterward, and at last the GOH R-30A's. So, it was my error and mistake, and I stand corrected.

Yes, the red unbuilt R-30's did look very ultra modern in that paint scheme, and so did the 24 R-27's that given the same color set up in 1989. I remember seeing R-27 cars #8091 and #8126 look so youthful in that red scheme, even inside riding those numbered units.

Alas, after NYC Transit spent $105,000 on repainting those 24 selected R-27's in the red scheme, they were immediately pulled off the road and out of service. It was said that those particular units were simply unreliable, as told to me by a fellow E.R.A. colleague.

-William A. Padron
[(C) 8 Avenue/Fulton]

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.