www.nycsubway.org

Re: SUBTALKERS, who did ride Sundays MOD Excursion, Please Read (602335)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Broadway Junction on Wed Nov 12 17:15:41 2003, in response to SUBTALKERS, who did ride Sundays MOD Excursion, Please Read,
posted by JohnS on Wed Nov 12 08:22:30 2003.

I was there. I got off at Essex changed to a J and took it to Marcy where I dashed down to the street just in time to get a few pics of the train rounding the S-curve then ran back upstairs and managed to get another before it entered the station. Jumped on a J at Broadway Junction then took it to Alabama Ave then back on. I got off again at Sutphin and got back on at Woodhaven, then got off again at Metropolitan (tried to get the shot from the parking lot roof, but the sun was in a horrible place). Back on at Metro then off again at Union Turnpike then got some drinks and walked to Jamaica Yard near the back where I tried to get some photos of the train going around the loop track but because of the delays it got there too late and the lighting was horrible by the time it got there - not only was there virtually no light coming from the yard itself but the bright pink/orange streetlights over the highway (Grand Central Parkway??) which clicked on made it even worse. Got on an F which was held at Union Tpk behind an E which was waiting for the excursion train to jump in front. Caught up with it again at West 4th and got some more photos before it pulled off.
The highlight of the trip was the Queens Boulevard run. We overtook a G train at 65th Street and then flew down the express track at Woodhaven Boulevard so fast I hardly got to see the station.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.