www.nycsubway.org

Re: Lexington Ave El Remains (Re: SUBTALKERS, who did ride Sundays MOD Excursion, Please Read) (603714)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Jeffrey Rosen on Fri Nov 14 14:06:54 2003, in response to Lexington Ave El Remains (Re: SUBTALKERS, who did ride Sundays MOD Excursion, Please Read),
posted by Broadway Junction on Fri Nov 14 13:45:36 2003.

Sorry, but unless you saw it about 15-20 years ago it is not any remains of the Lex. Any trace of the turnout was removed over 15 years ago. I noticed a small change in the column pattern there but unfortunately you can find the same pattern at other parts of the Bway El where there was no other el such as by Halsey. I worked at the 81st Pct a block away for 5 yrs and checked every bit of the el for any remains whenever I could. Me and my driver usually had our coffee on Lex between Bway and Patchen every day. The only possible trace of an el on Lex is that Lex is more commercial than the parallel streets with factories and newer apartment buildings, rather than the usual brownstones of the area.
There is a trace of the el I understand at Pratt Institute. I never personally saw it but I understand it's a girder built into a building.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.