www.nycsubway.org

Re: About Glen Cove area situation(was elevator fanning) (537558)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Qtraindash7 on Wed Jul 30 20:14:46 2003, in response to Re: About Glen Cove area situation(was elevator fanning),
posted by NIMBYkiller on Wed Jul 30 07:12:16 2003.

BTW saw 2 accidents in a row in Greenvale. A car coming out of a shopping center broadsided a van in the southbound lanes of Glen Cove rd just north of 25A. The police never showed up, and because no one was directing traffic around the disabled van, there was another accident just behind it, a car plowed into an SUV and the whole hood of the car was folded up like an accordian.
Still no Nassau PD on the scene, saw one police car pass by but did not stop at the scene, they kept going!. This is while I was waiting about 20 min for the N27 bus. If you think the NYPD is bad, Nassau PD is worse. And while NYPD aint paid enough, Nassau cops make too much, and seem to do very little compared to NYPD when it comes to crime and quality of life. You got accidents and robberies all over the place and the Nassau PD just goes by without doing anything. Like I said earlier, store owners in the Nassau HUB area are having a bad robbery and shoplifting problem and get very little assistance from the police.
The cops were called, but who knows when they ever showed up.I went into a store and told them to call the cops again. Fortunately there were no injuries, if there were the delay would have been real bad. Meanwhile traffic was backed up for miles.
One things for sure, I dont believe in driving, roads are dangerous. I'd rather see Glen Cove rd replaced with a railroad!!
There are plans to include the Oyster Bay line in some kind of north south RR corridor for Nassau county, connecting it to the West Hempstead branch or something and running it to Long Beach. That would be great! Its all in the LI Press newspaper.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.