www.nycsubway.org

Re: About Glen Cove area situation(was elevator fanning) (537579)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by NIMBYkiller on Wed Jul 30 20:43:16 2003, in response to Re: About Glen Cove area situation(was elevator fanning),
posted by Qtraindash7 on Wed Jul 30 20:14:46 2003.

"One things for sure, I dont believe in driving, roads are dangerous."

You and me both brotha! Atleast until I get my Kenworth W900L!!! Even when I do get my rig, most of the time, I'll still use the bus/train, and maybe even by then light rail!, or walk/ride my bike.

"I'd rather see Glen Cove rd replaced with a railroad!!"

A bit too far? IDK, a trolley/light rail line down it though would be great though. I've also designed a rail line that either parallels or goes over Northern BLVD. It runs from Syosset Sta to Manhasset Sta. Add the extension to Riverhead and you've got a line from Shea Stadium to Greenport baby! Also, since it meets with the OB line, it's only natural for an OB-Manhasset line to be built also. It would greatly help riders along the OB line area, since they always flock to the PW line.

"There are plans to include the Oyster Bay line in some kind of north south RR corridor for Nassau county, connecting it to the West Hempstead branch or something and running it to Long Beach. That would be great! Its all in the LI Press newspaper. "

Actaully, it was a light rail line :( from OB to Valley Stream. I'd rather a regular commuter rail line. It would go from OB to mineola, then use the abandonned ROW between Mineola-CLP-West Hempstead to reach the West Hempstead line. Then it goes to Valley stream via West Hempstead line. At Valley stream, it uses the old eastern spur to use the Far Rockaway line to Far Rockaway without having to do any reverse moves. This would get so much ridership!

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.