www.nycsubway.org

Re: RED BIRDS TO SCRAP (139307)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by R17-6570 on Fri Jul 21 12:30:14 2000, in response to Re: RED BIRDS TO SCRAP,
posted by Stef on Thu Jul 20 00:26:14 2000.

In my dreams too to save 10 cars or more. I don't know if Branford has the room for that many cars andthe cost to get them there via truck but here are my ideas.
The Flushing line Redbirds have single units as well as married pairs as you well know. We should try to save at least six or seven of those.
Also, do you remember the State sponsored cars for the World's fair? There were five sets from Rhode Island, Missouri, Kansas, Vermont, and Massachusetts. Perhaps those states would be interested in saving their cars.
The only museum that I think ould hold all of them are in Danbury and perhaps Waterbury, but a group of us would have to persuade the museum people to take them. I don't think the MTA would store them in one of their yards on the subway but they can be asked.
We might be able to have the MTA send them up to the museums without having to pay for transportation since they are connected to MTA property.
We have two years to iron out the logistics for the Flushing Redbirds; time may be too short for the others.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.