www.nycsubway.org

Re: WMATA Destination Codes (670762)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by john on Sun Mar 7 17:29:12 2004, in response to Re: WMATA Destination Codes,
posted by R6 on Sun Mar 7 16:25:03 2004.

Why's all of Red's stuff first?

Because the Red Line was the first line to go in to service

But I do agree... they need those in there. I figure the Dulles line stuff would go to Silver. (You said it was to be Loudon County to Stadium-Armory, right?)

Correct, That is what is stated in the (DEIS) Draft Environmental Impact Statement. However I would hazard a guess some of the inbound train will never make it on to the K route but terminate their runs east of Tyson at West Park (Tyson Eest) (M02) likely other trains out of Stadium-Armory (D08) will terminate their runs on the west side of Tyson at Tyco Road (Tyson West) (M05).

Purple? I'd had an idea for that, but WAY too long... BWI to Woodbridge; some segments of new construction (follow totally new alignment between Greenbelt and the CSX/MARC/Amtrak ROW near Eastern Avenue, with a stop in Riverdale, and one at the District Line) in MD and in DC (under NJ Ave and West Capitol Street between Union Station and L'Enfant Plaza; new stop: Capitol North (original, no?)). Follow Fenwick Bridge (Yellow line) into VA, and then Blue route (L & something, right?) to Fran-Spring... line beyond Fran-Spring would follow Amtrak ROW throuh Newington (station here), Lorton (station here between VRE stop and Auto Train Terminal; includes facing point/trailing point crossover combo (a la Takoma/Silver Spring/Cheverly) before entering from north), and into Woodbridge (turnback station with island platform and X crossover (before entering station from north) + rear tail and pocket tracks; located near Amtrak/VRE station, possibly underground)

Here is an explanation my fantasy WMATA system, and here is the my fantasy WMATA map. I wrote this and created the map more the 4 years ago.

John

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.