www.nycsubway.org

Re: Scans of MTA December 11, 1988 subway map (588293)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by David J. Greenberger on Wed Oct 22 19:13:06 2003, in response to Re: Scans of MTA December 11, 1988 subway map,
posted by Chris R27-R30 on Wed Oct 22 15:46:46 2003.

I have two different Fall 1980 maps. Both have this notation in the service guide: "Weekdays, Express 179 St-Queens Plaza; Rush Hours, skips 169 St; Evenings and Weekends, Express 71 Av-Queens Plaza; Nights, All stops, 179 St-Queens Plaza."

I assume that isn't what you mean. I'd love to see your map.

Oh, I'm looking at my 1979 map, and now I see what you mean. The service guide has the same entry for Queens but the map itself shows the F on both the express and local alignments. No, my 1980 maps both have the F only on the express alignment. (OTOH, the 1979 service guide entry for Manhattan vaguely implies that some F trains run express in Manhattan.)

Incidentally, my two 1980 maps are virtually identical. The only difference I see is that one indicates that the JFK Express runs at 24-minute headways on Sundays (rather than 20-minute headways, like the rest of the week) while the other one doesn't. Oh, they also fold entirely differently (and one of my copies is falling apart while the other is in great shape). There may well be other differences, but I haven't spotted them.

I don't have any 1981-1987 maps. Anybody have any that they could scan?

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.