www.nycsubway.org

Re: Broadway Junction on the IND: UPDATE (513343)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by GP38 Chris on Mon Jun 16 15:07:32 2003, in response to Re: Broadway Junction on the IND: UPDATE,
posted by Chris R27-R30 on Mon Jun 16 14:06:00 2003.

That's funny, for me it was the opposite. When I was a kid in the 70's we always used the L (and M), and the J was the line that "scared" me. I remember one day in the early 80's when I was fairly young (about 11 or so), my friend and I were going to take the bus to Queens Center.
It would have been easy, as the Q58 (which was the B58 at the time) went directly there from near my house. It was the first time we were allowed to go "by ourselves" by bus. But we decided to take the subway instead, and instead of the M to L to G, we decided to go via East New York. We took the M to the J to Eastern Parkway, and the A to Manhattan and then the E to Roosevelt and the G to Woodhaven Blvd. I remember just being so interested (and scared at the same time) of the J between Myrtle and Eastern Parkway. My mother would probably have killed me if she knew I was alone on the subway, and in East New York no less.
Years later as a teenager, when I used to go to Rockaway to the beach, I would always take the M to the L to Broadway Junction to the C at East new York or the H at Euclid (Green R10's on both) on the way going, and then take the J on the way back to the M.
The J line always fascinated me, and it still does to this day:

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.