www.nycsubway.org

Re: "Tunnel Rat" Responds to SubTalk Discussion on 76th Street Station (Queens IND) (432429)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Douce Man on Fri Jan 10 21:20:37 2003, in response to Re: "Tunnel Rat" Responds to SubTalk Discussion on 76th Street Station (Queens IND),
posted by mr_brian on Fri Jan 10 20:43:17 2003.

That line would have continued down Lafayette Avenue. On that Queens Bound G train at Bedford/Nostrand, Bedford Avenue exit would be at the back of the train.

This bellmouth that you're describing is it going into the Q and W line or would the Q and W line go into it? I ask because I have a set of BMT track maps prepared by David E Rogoff E.R.A. #1934. On Plate #4 dated 9/26/1966 there is a diagram for the BMT line from the Manhattan Bridge to 7th Avenue. After the train enters the portal there was a provision (bellmouth) for a turning track. From what I can gather, Trains going to Manhattan on the northside of the bridge would switch on to the turning track (I think it wouls be more like a set of tail tracks) where after the train changes ends, it would comeback on to the line on the Brooklyn Bound track on the southside of the bridge.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.