www.nycsubway.org

Re: "Tunnel Rat" Responds to SubTalk Discussion on 76th Street Station (Queens IND) (432410)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by mr_brian on Fri Jan 10 20:43:17 2003, in response to Re: "Tunnel Rat" Responds to SubTalk Discussion on 76th Street Station (Queens IND),
posted by Douce Man on Fri Jan 10 19:46:28 2003.

"A few months ago I was at the Bedford/Nostrand Ave Station on the G. I didn't see anything at the station that looked like a transfer to another line. "

Take a Queens bound G train and look out the window on your left after the train leaves Bedford-Nostrand. If you look carefully, you should see the center track descend. Where it goes? Who knows...

On the subject of tunnels and stuff, take a Brooklyn Bound Q, diamond Q or W. After the train descends from the Bridge into the tunnel in Brooklyn, look out the window to the right. If you look carefully, like maybe 5-7 seconds after the train has been in the tunnel, there is what looks like a bellmouth. It looks like a tunnel that led from some other line that was to connect to the Manhattan Bridge tracks leading to DeKalb. Anyone know anything about this mysterious tunnel, because I've heard nothing about it.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.