www.nycsubway.org

Re: So, I rode RiverLine and PATCO today (702874)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by Basman on Thu May 6 16:10:56 2004, in response to Re: So, I rode RiverLine and PATCO today,
posted by Jersey Mike on Thu May 6 14:52:02 2004.

Alright, so let's say that I am transit incompetent (despite riding regularly 3 different transit agencies in my childhood, growing up riding septa, not having a car and depending on transit 13 years of my life, and still riding SEPTA 90 percent of the time, as well as WMATA and Ride-On whenever I go to MD). I should've easily been able to find the correct stop to get off, find out where to get the train, and if I needed help, I would be able to talk to an NJT official. No one was in site for me to ask questions, that's basically what that part was about. I may be "transit incompetent", but there are a lot of people out there who barely know what a bus is - you know, one that isn't a motorcoach or school bus - who'd have a harder if not as hard time trying to navigate the system. One man even came up to me as my PATCO train was coming in and asked if this train was going to New Jersey...!!

I'm sorry if I was just bashing on the system though...I know my tone was just hating NJT as a whole, but it's just completely different for me to have such little service and confusion in a city like that.

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.