www.nycsubway.org

Re: Saturday R1/9 tripper (666665)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by OnTheJuice on Sun Feb 29 12:03:47 2004, in response to Re: Saturday R1/9 tripper,
posted by Peter Rosa on Sun Feb 29 11:05:01 2004.

When I do computer downloads on the R142s and check the Alstom propulsion control electronics, the 'governor' had already been set. I could change it, the wheel diameter, the number of cars in the linkage and a whole lot of other parameters...but I don't. Some lines are set at 40 mph, others at 50 mph. Headway and track conditions set the maximum speed...trainsets are no longer allowed to line up bumper to bumper (anticlimber.) This isn't rapid transit, just mass transit that moves a phenomenal amount of passengers to keep our city alive. Sometimes I feel I could do better on my Razor-type scooter...proved it out on my last job servicing digital video photo machines.

Peter: Got lot of email from PCC...invited to ham radio meeting next Thursday by 'Loby,' WA2AXC. He's GS of PCC.

Sir Ronald: Don't worry about my f'ing around with propulsky...R1/9s with highballs are an exception. I'm going to the big trainz Monday...all DC motors...and nasty/dirty motor brushes. CI Peter

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.