www.nycsubway.org

Saturday R1/9 tripper (666555)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ Next in Thread ]

Posted by OnTheJuice on Sun Feb 29 02:33:11 2004

I've been out of TA through a 'leave of absence.' When Jay Street called for 'Return To Work,' everything happened so fast that I was spinning about. My first assignment was East 180th Street New Train Technology, the position I'd been wanting for so long. Special inspections from the car desk, working with TA vendors, subbing for my crew, computer systems work, barn checks, safety checks, RCI yard work, HVAC and air compressor replacements...so much more. Seven days of good work...supervisor asks me if I had fun. Jay Street assigns me to Concourse yard.

Todays tripper brings me 'home' like a previous excursion did. I was with my friends from this board...makes a difference. What I enjoy most is not the tripper but the effect we and the old trainz have on
the public. So, we're holding in the Bronx with doors open and I'm on the other side of the car hearing 'Peter, Peter.' Lady I care about whom I lost contact with is there with her daughter and grandson...daughter saw me because I was dressed in my TA yard outfit.
She grabs my hand and kissed it..I have tools and keys but cannot open the doors. Tell her I'm RTW up at Bedford Park and T/O engages
propulsion. I'm going to TrainDudeLand.

Anyway, the R1/9 ride in Manhattan really rocked. I've set R142s speed governor to 40 mph...Lex runs with a behind breeze can make 45.
In third point on clear tracks, today run easily busted a stable fifty
plus. I've called in R142 problems to the car desk about link bar noise only to be told I'm nuts...T/Ts came in next day. Bills runs were excellent...only problem observed was cooked journal bearing boxes. Old trainz are good trainz.

So, I'm going over to the big trainz. We're back to DC motors with contact brushes, dust and dirt. I'll walk tracks and do yard work proudly. Now only if I could get some 'handle time'!!!!!!!! Once started a big stink downtown about CIs/RCIs being qualified. Perhaps it is time for TA to go mainline...no more 'MickeyMouse TWU' shennanagins. Oh, give me the extra 25 cents an hour for RCI work and at least the opportunity to bump cars together. Highlight of the day was meeting Subway Al and R9 Eddy. I could never fill the shoes of TA legends...just trying to do for others. CI Peter

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.