www.nycsubway.org

Re: Where Do You Say You Live? (218345)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by David J. Greenberger on Mon May 7 11:12:49 2001, in response to Re: Where Do You Say You Live?,
posted by A.Freeman on Mon May 7 02:54:17 2001.

Fine, there are bars in C-U, but I find that drinking makes me feel like I have a fever. Having just been through that last week, I can definitively state that I have no interest in drinking. (I'll drink a bit of wine with a meal, but drinking for the sake of drinking is just unpleasant.)

Yes, what the university provides is fine -- but I need more than that. I need to be able to step back and look at the world, and if all I see is corn, I'm afraid I'm not satisfied. I once went for a drive down 1st Street to see where it led. After seven or eight miles, I realized it would probably continue to run, straight as an arrow, until it hit a major river. The highlight of the evening was the colorful sign announcing a high-oil hybrid. That's sad.

I've driven around Illinois in search of something a bit more entertaining. The terrain around Danville, Decatur, and Peoria lends some natural interest to those areas, and of course I've been to a few of the state parks, but I'm afraid my New York experience has set my standards too high for Illinois state parks.

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.