www.nycsubway.org

"Closed door" (was Re: Is there a Bee-Line drop-off policy in the Bronx similar to LIB?) (123690)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by ctrabs74 on Mon Aug 2 17:37:29 2004, in response to Re: Is there a Bee-Line drop-off policy in the Bronx similar to LIB?,
posted by Gotham Bus Co. on Sun Aug 1 07:44:00 2004.

When I rode the N6 from Jamaica to Hempstead, it was pick-up only Nassau-bound, drop-off only Queens bound. Is this what you're referring to when you say "closed door"?

AFA Bee-Line 60/61: Based on a quick glance at the Bronx bus map, I see there Boston Rd between Pelham Pkwy/White Plains Rd and Gun Hill Rd is covered by NYC Transit. Is that why that exemption is in effect?

The only "closed door" (as you define it) in SEPTA territory is on the 93 bus along High St between Sanatoga Loop and downtown Pottstown (Pottstown Urban Transit - a separate transit agency from SEPTA that recieves it's own PennDOT grant - operates local service along this corridor every 30 minutes). To me, "closed door" means not picking up or discharging passengers at all (ie. express service).

Responses

Replying to posts on BusTalk are disabled at this time.