www.nycsubway.org

Re: MOD teasers and post-mortem (including harassment) (726221)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by JPC on Sun Jun 20 12:40:56 2004, in response to MOD teasers and post-mortem (including harassment),
posted by Fred G on Sun Jun 20 10:21:49 2004.

>>among others whose names I forget (sorry). I exited at 46th, grabbed photos and then moved on to 40th/Lowery where I photographed an incoming train. I greeted the glaring T/O and he responds "I'm not good, it's against the law to take photos". I responded that it wasn't illegal YET to which he replied "Do you want me to call the cops?" "Sure", I sez, "I'll argue the point with them too. What's your supervisor's name?" He told me again the photography was illegal, and it became an "Is - Is Not" kinda argument before he finally realized that his job was to get the train to the next station. <<

Sounds like Newspeak to me... it doesn't matter what the law actually says - any lie, repeated often enough, becomes the "de facto truth." Strangely, the more bizarre the lie, the fewer times it need be repeated...

This seems to be what they're trying to do with the photography ban.. whether or not it actually gets passed, and however long that takes to happen, they're just going to pretend it's the law anyway, effective immediately. Why don't we just fire the entire Congress while we're at it - just let the Prez make up the rules as he goes along, and everyone "pretends" that it's the law? We'd save millions of dollars every single year!

PS: Awesome pics! I was on the trip too - we probably met at least once but didn't know each other... I was the guy with the beard in the light checkered shirt... I'm in the group photo just to the right of the Rock Park sign. My first MOD trip, so now I'm de-virginized :)

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.