www.nycsubway.org

Re: LUNCH Question(Re: March of Dimes Excursion Train Route, Saturday, June 19) (725562)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by Hart Bus on Fri Jun 18 21:17:33 2004, in response to Re: LUNCH Question(Re: March of Dimes Excursion Train Route, Saturday, June 19),
posted by R1R32 LOVER on Fri Jun 18 18:47:06 2004.

Usually if you ask the Train Supervisor and trip organizer, Bill Wall, they will make a short station stop to let you off. I have seen it done at 125th & Lex and Essex /Delancey. On the Parsons to Parsons trip I asked them to do it at 74th / Roosevelt and they were very accomodating.

Be sure to ask early enough. What will be done is that an announcement will be made over the PA and verbally in the cars that don't have PA's, that all passengers wishing to disembark at 34th Street please be in a certain car. When the trains slows down, you'll be asked to line-up at a certain door in that car. When the train stops, either a half or a whole door of the three will be opened with a key. Everyone scampers out and waves goodbye..

A friend and I who are both coming into Penn with the LIRR will also want the stop, so I think BW will do it for us.

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.