www.nycsubway.org

Re: HBLR railfanning => police action. Excuse ME - KEEP it TO TRAINS NOT Politics (711453)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by Elias on Sat May 22 15:27:21 2004, in response to Re: HBLR railfanning => police action. Excuse ME - KEEP it TO TRAINS NOT Politics,
posted by Train Dude on Mon May 3 21:09:21 2004.

Yawn

Oh, pardon me. The ossifer ought to have looked at the homeless man too. But perhaps the officer already knew who he was, and what his needs were. Sometimes there isn't anything you can do for such people, unless you want to re-open Pilgrim State Hospital or something. Put them all inside where they will be warm and clean, or something. But then, would you hold them there against thier will?

There are many issues in society, and if that "bum" would have accepted aid that Qtrain has accepted, then he too would not be wasting away on the station platform. As a conservative and a Republican, I have no problem with making sure that the truly needy and indigent are cared for by the society. True there are some lazy oafs who work the system, but I really object to most of the welfare system because it does nothing to HELP people. Here, take this money and don't bother me! Most people do not need money, they need a chance! And *that* is exactly what the "Gimmiecrats" are NOT offering to people. (Not that the Rekeeplicans are doing it any better at all!)

The whole city is your living room, and its people are your family.

If we might treat each other this way, we would be a great nation once again.

Elias

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.