www.nycsubway.org

Re: PHOTOS, PHOTOS-1980's Graffiti Era, Pre GOH-What do you think? (679168)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Nostalgiaddict on Tue Mar 23 11:26:36 2004, in response to PHOTOS, PHOTOS-1980's Graffiti Era, Pre GOH-What do you think?,
posted by Far Rockaway A Train on Tue Mar 23 10:05:43 2004.

Thanks for posting the pix and the link. The images bring back all too many unpleasant yet worthwhile memories, and make me extremely grateful for what I no longer need to suffer in my daily commute.

The worst interior images almost give me nausea and diarrhea. They look like the work of Red Grooms, "in hell", or like the intestines of some huge, extinct animal : dark, diseased, and shitty.

A few suggestions :

You might arrange your images in chronological order, so viewers can see the beginning, "progress", nadir, way out of, and end, of the graffiti problem.

Nadir (low point) : Do you have any interior images of cars with "masterpieces" painted on the outside, making the car windows opaque, so that one cannot see through them to the station signs on the platform ?

Do you have a collection of images of current "scratchiti" to include in your album ?

Do you have any photos of current graffiti inside subway tunnels, like the 14th Street Canarsie Line between, I think, the Graham Avenue and Grand Street stations in Brooklyn ?

Thanks again, and keep up the good work !

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.