www.nycsubway.org

Re: WMATA Destination Codes (667370)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by john on Mon Mar 1 11:17:05 2004, in response to Re: WMATA Destination Codes,
posted by Mountain Maryland on Mon Mar 1 10:08:20 2004.

Interesting mention of the Blue Huntington toll sign---I remember the looks on a few folks pages when I brought my roll sign and they saw that particular frame---That and on the strip maps seeing both a Green and Yellow dot as a transfer from the Red Fort Totten.

Shortly after a visited you I recreated the roll sign art work with a CAD program that I have. I created 108 different frames. I created the signs with Springfield-Franconia (J03) and Huntington (C15) in both Green and Yellow as well signs for the never built Backlick Road station and the Silver line stations. In order to make them as accurate as possible it would be nice if I had the exact measurements.

Roll width
Width and height of color back ground fields
Width and height of the black fields
Distance of black field from left edge of roll
Distance of black field from right edge of roll
Distance from top of exterior sign to the top next exterior sign
Distance between black exterior field and black interior field of the same sign
Distance between black interior field and black exterior field
Exterior sign font height
Strip map font height
Strip map line height
Diameter of strip map line dots
Diameter of strip map transfer station dots
Position of the optical stripes

Along with any other measurement you might think I might need. If you could do this Mark, John would consider you to be "The Man".

In the mean time I will rip the signs from the from my CAD file that are in the destination code table that started this thread and publish them in GIF format.

John

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.