www.nycsubway.org

Re: WMATA Destination Codes (666504)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by john on Sun Feb 29 00:03:07 2004, in response to Re: WMATA Destination Codes,
posted by WMATAGMOAGH on Sat Feb 28 20:43:30 2004.

You got the rolling stock shortage part right. The C Route was originally to be Blue Line, the J Routes was originally to be the Yellow Line. When the J Route opened to Van Dorn Street (J02) on 06 15 1991 the Blue Line was extended from National Airport (C10), it was then extend to Springfield-Franconia (J03) on 06 29 1997. The present configuration was a temporary solution to the rolling stock shortage. I’m not sure but I think one of the reasons it was never changed back is because more people coming off the J Route out of Springfield-Franconia (J03) were bound for three station downtown along I Street NW. Swapping the Blue and Yellow line terminals back would force passengers from Springfield-Franconia (J03) and Van Dorn Street (J02) to transfer at L'Enfant Plaza (D03, F03) to get to the three I Street station.

We discuses the Blue running up the mid city 7 Street E and F Routes in Re: WMATA Train Lengths and WMATA Blue line Reconfiguration and the return of the 8 car train There are plans to run selected Blue Line trains that are now running to Addison Road (G03) to Mount Vernon Square (E01) to make room for trains off the Silver Line Tyson, Dullas, Loudoun County M Route. This is all contingent upon if the Tyson, Dullas, Loudoun County M Route is built and opened and the rolling stock for the new line is procured.

The tables in System Access and Capacity Program (SAP) show what is planed for rolling stock utilization.

And Oren is correct there are selected runs after MCI Center events out of Mount Vernon Square (E01) that are Blue Line trains distend for Springfield-Franconia (J03).

John

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.