www.nycsubway.org

Re: Scans of MTA December 11, 1988 subway map (588081)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by GP38 Chris on Wed Oct 22 13:17:18 2003, in response to Re: Scans of MTA December 11, 1988 subway map,
posted by DTrain22 on Wed Oct 22 12:36:19 2003.

Hell yes! ALL YE TREMBLE IN THE PRESENCE OF THE MIGHTY (M) 4TH AVENUE EXPRESS!!! FILTHY SEA BEACH ON THE LOCAL WHERE IT BELONGS!!!

I have a video (at the RF window) I took from around 1989 of the M train from Metropolitan to 9th avenue, of course with the M express, very cool. It's amazing how different everything looked. I haven't looked at the video in a while, so I don't remember if it was an GOH R42, R40, or an R30 that I took it in. Every station between Fresh Pond and Myrtle-Bway was completely strewn with grafitti on every inch of surface. Essex looks different, Canal is unrebuilt, Chambers is it's usual self. Fulton and Broad are in IND color tiles. Marcy is Purple, Hewes is Bright Orange, Lorimer is mint green, Flushing is Pink, Myrtle is grafittied, but was supposed to be blue. Wyckoff is pink.
I was originally planning to do every line (when I was in college), but I never got further than the M, and some random other bits and pieces of other lines.

Darn! Nobody seems to have the two maps I'm most interested in - 1978 and 1998...

I do think I have 1978 (no extras), but I don't think I have 1998. I have a few extra odds and ends, and promised Brian first that I would look, but just haven't found the time yet. Whenever I do get to it, I will let you know, or if I have any extras of others that Brian doesn't need (I promised him first). I did give away most of my extras, but may still have a few around.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.