www.nycsubway.org

Re: About Glen Cove area situation(was elevator fanning) (537871)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by NIMBYkiller on Thu Jul 31 07:37:08 2003, in response to Re: About Glen Cove area situation(was elevator fanning),
posted by MisterK on Wed Jul 30 23:08:30 2003.

“Oyster Bay Branch should be electrified”
I say only to Glen St., then to the ferry terminal via a new rail branch from Glen St. Sta.

“ferry service should be reinstated to Manhattan”
With an express to pier 11, and local stopping at La Guardia and 34th st, then pier 11

“I'd consider also adding a high-speed ferry to Mamaroneck or Rye. Glen Cove would really take off if it were on the way to somewhere, and provided a decent alternative to NYC.”
HELL YEA! I say car ferries from Glen Cove to Rye, Stamford, Bridgeport, New Haven, and New London. That’s how ya get cars off the roads!

“Perhaps we could hire Nimbykiller to do some "dirtywork"! :-)”
I’m all ears!

“area of Roslyn near the viaduct is an eyesore. A revilatization was planned quite a few years ago involving a Stop and Shop supermarket, but was stopped once again by the NIMBY's, Coalition to Save Hempstead Harbor the main troublemaker.”
You mean the historical district, or the pretty much abandoned area rite along the bridge? If you mean the 2nd one, it could be because of the really soft/marshy land. But yes, something could be built there, hmmmm. Screw the stupid coalition, Hempstead Harbor looks like and is s—t. Maybe, just maybe, wen they get those damn barges outta the water, then maybe I’ll have some respect for them. Were they against ferry service?

“Foxwoods ferry was planned how Sea Cliff was "up in arms" about the supposed noise. Well the ferry is running and no one hears any noise.”
The ferry to foxwoods is still running!? SWEET! How much? Now I might be able to save money on my trip to New Hampshire(hard to do though since its only 40 bucks RT Port Authority, NYC to BOS)

“To let these corridors decay will have a larger effect on the County as a whole in comparison to the problems of Glen Cove and environs. I'd rather see more attention devoted to Hempstead anyway. The location is more central, it's much larger in population and scale.”

We can’t build on everything. We do need some natural looks for LI. As for Hempstead, I agree. It also has a lot more buses goin there, A LOT!

“An Oyster Bay-Rye Tunnel would do the job much better”
You’re right about OB-Rye tunnel for one thing. It could extend the cross Westchester rail line to LI. Imagine that! Oyster Bay or Mineola to Stewart Airport via LI Sound, NOT NYC!!!! As for the roadway part of it, I’ve got plans for that drawn up too(as much as I hate roadway expansion, I think this one is a good idea, along wit possibly Wading River-New Haven bridge). I-287 continues to Glen Cove. Once in Glen Cove, there are exits to Port Washington(West Shore Rd. to be exact) and Some major St. in Glen Cove. Then, it continues to the Seaford OB Expressway, where they connect and you get the picture from there.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.