www.nycsubway.org

Re: Elevator-fanning? (535657)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by Henry R32 #3730 on Mon Jul 28 01:49:18 2003, in response to Re: Elevator-fanning?,
posted by David J. Greenberger on Sat Jul 26 23:11:41 2003.

My apartment's elevator is horribly slow (5 secs per floor), and they've been increasing the timer for when the door actually starts closing by a second every year (right now it's 10 seconds... GAH!). I live on the 1st floor but NEED IT to get to the laundry room because there are NO STAIRS below the 1st floor!!

However my dorm building in Albany, an absolute DREAM. 3 elevators, homing on B, 6 or 19, 13 (the floor above mine). Moves at a swift speed of 1 floor every 1.5 seconds from B,M,1 to 21. Transfer to stairs to get to 22nd floor penthouse. Door closes instantly after pressing ANY BUTTON, and after 2 minutes of door holding the sensor shuts off and the door attempts to crush anything in it's path while beeping like a banshee.

And of the 3 elevators in my building, all have different "features" that work and don't work. #1 has a working digital sign floor indicator and bell when passing each floor, #2 has a floor arrival chime and directional arrow (both in the down direction only), 3 has the floor arrival chime working in both directions (different timing, instantly for up and after 3 secs for down) as well as the bell for passing each floor. So #1 was easy to tell what floor you're on, #3 you could tell by counting dings, and #2 you needed a psychic as no bell and the digital sign shows a random patterns of dots.
Without the subway I needed an outlet for my nitpicking at differences, the elevators were perfect.
360k sound clip of Elevator #3 from Basement to 12, plus me standing in the hall listening to it continue it's trip up.

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.