www.nycsubway.org

Re: Group PHOTO from Peggy's Eastern Div Tour Today (200KB) (488381)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by GP38 Chris on Wed Apr 30 15:06:04 2003, in response to Re: Group PHOTO from Peggy's Eastern Div Tour Today (200KB),
posted by Qtraindash7 on Wed Apr 30 00:29:26 2003.

That neighborhood is not scarey. Actually it's so much better than I remembered it. I'm amazed at all the new construction along the L line between Wilson and East 105th Street. It's really becoming a viable neighborhood again.
The same goes for the J between Myrtle-Broadway and Broadway Junction. That section still has a way to go, but the turn around is remarkable (especially the way I remember it from around 1985).
I spent a whole day along those two sections of the L and the J a few weeks ago. No one bothered me, I felt perfectly safe, and had a great time snapping away photos. I even left the system a few times and walked under the els and to get some food or drink. I don't know if I'd do that at night in some areas, but during the day it's perfectly safe.
I love exploring the city, and each neighborhood has something of interest, but as for that part of the L and the J, I'm fine with it. But each person has to be comfortable in what they do. What works for some may not work for others.

Chauncey St

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.