www.nycsubway.org

Skillcraft Buses and Other Faux Transits (Re: Academy Gillig's) (53515)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by Flxible on Fri Aug 16 16:45:48 2002, in response to Re: Academy Gillig's,
posted by Steve Hoskins on Wed Aug 14 21:01:07 2002.

Yeah...down like a flat tire!

I HATE psuedo-buses...they are pure crap to me. The cutaways are NOT buses...they are box vans with seats. Bluebirds, etc.? Forget it! Seeing those in NYC aside NYBS Fishbowls and RTSes is an abomination to me. And the Orion II?!? It looks like something I ate and dropped!

You should have seen another bad example of a transit bus; we had five 25-foot 1988 Skillcraft buses here in Roanoke that were thankfully let go for new Gilligs last year. They had plexiglas faux Prevost windows with purple-tinted lower slides that looked like misplaced standees that you could barely see out of, they had the wheelbase of a Volkswagen, they looked like porta-potties from the rear, and they rode like feces. And everytime they took off, the front ends went up three feet in the air. What's more, right after we took delivery, these became the last 5 they ever made...the Venice, Florida-based company went belly-up the next week.

Very sorry excuses for buses...the drivers hated them all across the board.

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on BusTalk are disabled at this time.