www.nycsubway.org

Re: HBLR railfanning =>"I'm not a US citizen," (713895)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Ned on Wed May 26 14:41:14 2004, in response to HBLR railfanning => police action. Personal impressions,
posted by Stefan on Sat May 1 19:14:06 2004.

"I'm not a US citizen, but had I been one, here would come one vote against Mr Bush."

""Your liberty just doesn't happen to extend to taking pictures here." (OK, OK, the actual phrase used was "you guys can't take pictures here.")"

"calling Al Qaeda Directory Assistance (or so I believe) to see if we happened to be listed"

"you shall reply: "I am taking pictures of soft targets." Got that? Good."

Since you are not a citizen, I'll explain something about the US that it has in common with the rest of the world: non-citizens do not have the same rights as non-citizens. Nor do you have the same civil liberties as a citizen.

It sounds like you, as a non-citizen, purposely went out of your way to bait and test the secuirity officials. This is a standard tactic of Al Qaeda and other terrorist/criminal/covert groups.

What amazes me is that you are encouraging people to probe and weaken security for you. Remember it was the repeated use of the "I'd love to see the inside of a cockpit" followed by the "I think I dropped something up there" that let the 9/11 terrorists plan and develope thier plan.

My opinion of your current activies is that you are either a jack-ass kid being a jack-ass kid (We understand we were all jack-asses as kids), or you are an outsider with something against America and it's governemnt. If it's the former, then please grow up and realize that there is some major stuff that has and continues to go down that is over your head. If it's that latter, then either become a citizen so you can "vote the bastards out of office", obey the current laws or leave the country.

If you continue to act-out, I wouldn't play the rebel thing too much, your rights as a non-citizen are not the same as a citizen. You could find yourself in a small room with men wearing bad suits for a couple of days, followed by a one way plain ticket. America is a great place with many freedeoms, but as in the rest of the world: Freedoms are not absolute.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.