www.nycsubway.org

Riding the AMUE trip 5/23. Fairly long post. (712294)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ Next in Thread ]

Posted by Flatbush41 on Mon May 24 01:28:31 2004

Started out by taking a R68 the Q train to Times Square where I change to a arriving R62A 1 train so I ride it two stops north to 59 St/Coulmbus Circle where I meet up with some people and then around 10:35am the train arrives and its a quick boarding so five minutes later we depart 59 and we head southbound on the 6 Avenue line and via express through the north side of the Manny-B and then we run down 4 Av express and make the turn onto the 9 Av lower level, got our pictures [very dark of course] then passed by the Jackie Gleason depot and saw some stored R trains in 38 St, made our way back to the upper level, waited a while then we ran down the West End express all the way to 25 Av with a photo stop at Bay Pkwy in between.

We get a surprise with the routing and end up going through Coney Island yard and there were numerous opportunities for photos and we saw some interesting things like a R32 with B rolls [future consist???], a R30, a R40M B front roll and quite a few R42's with M rolls. We arrive at Stillwell around 12:45pm and the station is a thing of beauty alright! Its a very well lit, cool airy station, a good job indeed 8-). Got some pics of the train then headed down to Popeye's for some lunch then we made our way back to the station around 1:45pm and the MOD train didn't come back until ~2:30pm, which was on the Q train platform. Heading out onto the Brighton, we stay in the middle track throughout the run but all of a sudden bypassing Av M, we gain speed and we just STOP. Well from what I have heard, it turned out to be a pigeon that somehow got under the train. We resume our run and there is a next photo stop at Church Av then notice that regular passngers look shocked at the sight of the excursion train.

Anyway we head northbound and via Q train route through the Manny-B south side then switch to the local at Prince St and is a cool run by on the Broadway local and we do OK through the 60 st tube and we run via the Astoria local track to Ditmars but we had to wait at just north of Astoria Blvd since there was two N trains at the station and then we clear and pull in around 4pm. We wait a bit then roll via the Astoria express track, make a stop at Queensboro Plaza to pick up people who got off the train to get photos and its good to go again. We roar through the 60 St tube to the point where steel dust just blows right into the train car so we really moved! Then we go down to 57 St then switch over to the express track south of Times Sq to 34 St then at 42 St, we had a delay then it was annoucned that the trip was over. Nonetheless, we had a great time on the trip today.

So then some of us take a little trip afterwards so we take 2206 on the 1 to 86 St, make a brief stopover then waited 12 minutes for the next arriving R32 C train, 3655 and its a cold car and fairly crowded so we went to 125 St and we did a round trip on the Bx15. I take the D train with Sonic Express and NJ Coast Exp to 34 St then we part ways so I take R68 2903 on the Q and finish my trip.

I'll probably post a few pics tomorrow.

The list of Subtalkers in attendance:
The 795
Jehuty V2
VCP R62 1516
Thru Express
NJ Coast Exp
Sonic Express
Bombardier
Mr_Brian
Kingsbridge4bd
Lincoln
Boriqua
Amanda
Newkirk Plaza David
Chris R27-R30
Sir Ronald of McDonald
David of Broadway
Koi-Public Transit is my Lifeline
Heypaul

If I left anyone out, add your name to the list.

R68 2814 (Q)
R62A 2457 (1)
R4 401 SPECIAL
R4 484 SPECIAL
R7A 1575 SPECIAL
R62A 2206 (1)
R32 3655 (C)
RTS 8789 Bx15
O5 426 Bx15
R68 2641 (D)
R68 2903 (Q)

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.