www.nycsubway.org

Re: HBLR railfanning => police action. An attempt at a comprehensive reply (701001)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by Sir Ronald of McDonald on Mon May 3 07:39:03 2004, in response to HBLR railfanning => police action. An attempt at a comprehensive reply,
posted by Stefan on Mon May 3 01:39:38 2004.

R62A:

Sorry to say it fellas but photography of buses and subways has been ILLEGAL since 9-11.
NYPD, who was a poster here is in the NYPD Police Academy and has brought up the
question of photography in the Transit System. According to his instructors, fellow
Police Officers, they stated that since 9-11, photography in the NYC Subway, Bus and
Rail Systems has been ILLEGAL and a summons can be issued to any violators. The proof
that this law has been actually updated is unknown and has to be looked up at the 1st
possible free chance.

??!
Now that's complete news to me.
I don't know about NJT (and will still try to find out), but I have read the actual NYCT
regulations - well after Sep 11 - and it is specifically stated here that photography in
the subway IS allowed, as long as you don't use flashes, tripods, blah blah.

All the more, how can photography of buses be prohibited, if virtually any bus anywhere
can be photographed while standing on public property??

Don't listen to R62A. He knows not what he is talking about. It is still very legal to take pics in the NYC Subway system.

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.