www.nycsubway.org

Re: HBLR railfanning => police action. Excuse ME - KEEP it TO TRAINS NOT Politics (700469)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Dan Lawrence on Sun May 2 12:27:45 2004, in response to Re: HBLR railfanning => police action. Excuse ME - KEEP it TO TRAINS NOT Politics,
posted by Peter Rosa on Sun May 2 10:48:04 2004.

I usually keep out of these threads, but I do have to point out that the current adminstation has NOT funded the local jursidictions for all the Homeland Security (Homeland...right out of the NSDAP label book) stuff.

Look locally (Selkirk has pointed this out) and you will see that the cities (including New York) and the states have been seriously shortchanged for the $$$$ that HS requires.

In Baltimore, a east cost port city, only 2 of every 10 containers get fully checked out (so that what's on the manifest is really what's inside) and it's the city and the state that foots the bill.

Cops detailed to HS get pulled off more important (Crime) police work, because the adminstration failed to continue a worthwile project.

I'd much rather talk about streetcars, subways and trains, but the political stuff is as much a part of life as any other.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.