www.nycsubway.org

Re: HBLR railfanning => police action. Excuse ME - KEEP it TO TRAINS NOT Politics (700380)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Train Dude on Sun May 2 09:41:19 2004, in response to Re: HBLR railfanning => police action. Excuse ME - KEEP it TO TRAINS NOT Politics,
posted by TTC4549 on Sun May 2 08:58:20 2004.

I'm probably one of the few here who supports the current administration policy of Homeland Security. I don't, however, believe, "My country, right or wrong" or "Love it or leave it". I believe that power needs to be held in check, be it union-management, Republican-democrat or even teacher-pupil. The framers of our constitution believed in the same principles.

In our current international circumstance, our government has determined that it would be wide to maintain an elevated level of security. I agree with that. What I don't agree with is that some here have taken their railfanning hobby and made it more important than the legitimate national security concerns of the majority of the populace. But, since national security concerns have limited the desires of some here to pursue their hobby interests, national security should be a fair subject for discussion (unless some refer to those they don't agree with as Nazis or Diaper Wearers).

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.