www.nycsubway.org

Re: HBLR railfanning => police action. Personal impressions (700260)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Train Dude on Sun May 2 00:46:58 2004, in response to HBLR railfanning => police action. Personal impressions,
posted by Stefan on Sat May 1 19:14:06 2004.

Maybe I'm missing something or doing something 'cncorrectly'. After attending the TCA meet in York, PA. My friend Mike, his wife and I went out for dinner. After dinner, we shot up to Harrisburg. I believe the street is Market St. where the Harris Tower is located, just north of the Harrisburg train station. We parked just off the street in an area that was quite visible to the AMTRAK and Norfolk Southern crews that passed us. It was also quite visible from the street (I believe a police station is just 1 block from where we were).

We had cameras and a scanner to monitor the traffic. We were seen by numerous passing police cars. We saw a dozen AMTRAK and NS trains. Hundreds of people rode and walked past us. Yet for some strange reason, not one were we approach, let alone questioned by police or anyone else.

This is not the first time we've been in this particular location and it's not the only area where we railfan. No matter what we do, or where we go, the police never harass us. What are we doing wrong?

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.