www.nycsubway.org

Re: Railroad.net forum (only sort-of on topic) (693409)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by GP38 Chris on Mon Apr 19 10:37:12 2004, in response to Re: Railroad.net forum (only sort-of on topic),
posted by Wdobner on Mon Apr 19 10:20:51 2004.

All what you said is very true, and actually exactly the way I remember it (right down to the newer version crashing because of too much use afew years ago). I do remember the "mod1' version doing some wierd stuff with "offensive" words. It then redirected the post to a "disney" site or something. One of my posts were deamed "offensive" because I wrote something like "Thank God..... some train whatever". I guess "God" was a word you weren't "supposed" to use.
As for the new site, it does seem to work good in the new format, although everything I hate about the strappies board (and why I don't post there) made it's way to Railroad.net. I hate the avatar feature, and all the stupid smiley faces. Some guy's avatar knocks me out of my wireless connection everytime he posts in a thread, and I have to click "connect" after the page loads.
That being said, I do think it is pretty easy to use, and never was a big poster at the LIRR forum or some of the others too, other than an occasional post. I don't really have time for two message boards, and subtalk is the one that gets most of my "internet" time.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.