www.nycsubway.org

Re: AVT SUPERTRAIN -train for los angeles freeways ...? (662980)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Jeff W on Mon Feb 23 00:32:48 2004, in response to Re: AVT SUPERTRAIN -train for los angeles freeways ...?,
posted by CPCTC on Sun Feb 22 23:41:07 2004.

From the looks of it, what's the difference. Cars still take up space. If 6 lanes of traffic is at a standstill, you're going to need at least 3 lanes of those trains to equal the capacity. Space is the equation.

Another thing I heard of besides this is some stupid expensive equipment they want you to attach to your car. It will make you're car drive itself and tailgate the auto-car in front of you, thereby making traffic move.

I have a problem with both of these. The robot car where i'm in the car bymyself, but no driving, somethign else is doing it for me, and the thing that puts you're car on the train. If i'm not driving, what's the point, why dont' i just get on a train or public transit.
I got a clue for those people who see the robot car thing coming. If you're going to sit in a vehicle and do nothing while somethign else moves it around, it's called a BUS. We don't need 40 of these thigns around for one bus, it's silly and a huge personal expense, and government expense to rig the roads up with these too.

But at least that mag-lev thing he says you can walk around, even though maglev is what, 200mph+? There's going to be no time to walk around.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.