www.nycsubway.org

Re: WMATA Rehabilitated Bredas - Ridden and Photographed (645122)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Massapequa Mike on Wed Jan 21 00:42:53 2004, in response to Re: WMATA Rehabilitated Bredas - Ridden and Photographed,
posted by subwayworld on Tue Jan 20 10:43:17 2004.

OK, so I know the station stops are announced by the T/O's, and the "doors opening", "doors closing " are automated, and obviously play when the doors are are opening or attempting to close. How does the third automated announcement work.....the "please stand clear of the doors, thank you" that is? Like, as in, what is the critieria that makes that message play? Does it play after a certain number of un-successful door closing attempts? Or is it manually activated by the T/O? I've been trying to figure this out for about 2 years now!

Also, last month I was on a train (forget which car type though) and the third announcement played....but instead of a nice pleasant "please stand clear of the doors, thank you", it was perhaps the rudest automated transit announcement I had ever heard, which essentially yelled "PLEASE STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS!!!". No thank you. Very rude voice. Loud! It almost made me jump back in fear when I heard it! Although maybe it might be psychologically more effective on door holders...and that might be a good thing!

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.