www.nycsubway.org

Re: WMATA Train Lengths (499100)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by john on Wed May 21 21:28:08 2003, in response to Re: WMATA Train Lengths,
posted by WMATAGMOAGH on Wed May 21 18:21:18 2003.

"My guess is they haven't since no one has reported seeing Bredas with the new color scheme yet. Of course, maybe none of us have seen them yet."

I pulled this from one of the press releases at www.wmata.com/about/MET_NEWS/dailyrelease.cfm dated December 24, 2002. Full text of the release can be had at wmata.com/about/MET_NEWS/200212/pr_year_in_review.cfm.

This year, Metro will reintroduce into service its first rehabilitated series 2000/3000 BREDA rail cars. The cars will look very similar to the series 5000 cars. In 2001, Metro awarded a contract to Alstom Transportation Inc., to rehabilitate 364 rail cars. With many of these rail cars in service for nearly 20 years, Metro initiated rehabilitation to modernize these cars.

I concur, I would hazard a guess that some of these cars have been delivered to Alstom but I have no idea what the numbers would be. As I recall when the Rohr car were shipped out for AC traction propulsion upgrades no more the 6 car were off the property at any given time.

John

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.