www.nycsubway.org

Re: BMT Standards Roll Signs (4875)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by Steve B on Fri May 22 12:09:03 1998, in response to Re: BMT Standards Roll Signs,
posted by Charles Fiori on Fri May 22 09:01:46 1998.

Charles, I would be very interested in finding out what you have. I am particularly looking for a bulkhead destination roller curtain used on the R-1/9s, specifically, one which has a legible Coney Island sign. I have such a curtain, but the Coney Island sign was painted over! This sign will typically include Kings Highway on the same strip of canvas; it was spliced onto the end of the roll. (The Coney Island lettering was wider and filled the entire space on roller curtains used on the R-1/9s and R-32s. The R-27s and R-30s had narrower lettering on Coney Island bulkhead signs.)

If you have any side destination curtains for the IND, let me know also. Heck, even a roller curtain from a BMT standard would be interesting. Email me at my address. Thanks!

P. S. If you could list the stations and designations on each sign, I'd appreciate it. I could compare them with what I have. Your curtains might have stations which mine don't.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.