www.nycsubway.org

Re: Atlantic-Pacific-Flatbush Aves. ( Station with most potential) (434078)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Kool-D on Tue Jan 14 08:58:13 2003, in response to Re: Atlantic-Pacific-Flatbush Aves. ( Station with most potential),
posted by Flatbush41 on Mon Jan 13 23:11:22 2003.

Several months ago, I noticed that the contractor unearthed a long dormant street level exit (one of the original 1905 entrances I suspect) at the Southwest corner of Atlantic Ave, off Flatbush Ave. This exit leads to the south ends on the IRT platforms (front end, if your are heading toward Franklin or Utica Aves.). Sorry folks, I think they are using it to deliver the goods and materials necessary for the renovation, and this exit will stay shut and abandoned. It would be nice to unearth these long forgotten entrances, no booth has to be put there, use the HEET's in this case. The Brighton Line has numerous abandoned entrances (usually across the street of the entrance of a local stop, like Ave J or Ave M), restore them, and people would not have to go across the street to catch a bus. I believe in the preservation of historical artifacts in the world's largest subway system.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.