www.nycsubway.org

Bad idea? Of course it is! (Was: Re: Astoria El threat a BAD idea) (343031)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by JLeungofCalgary on Mon Jun 17 02:56:26 2002, in response to Astoria El thread a BAD idea.,
posted by E_DOG on Sun Jun 16 00:34:01 2002.

I don't know what your problem is, but you barging in here and acting like a schmuck over a stupid el isn't exactly making one of the best impressions. You think your own opinion is so great, that anyone who tells you otherwise are stupid and kissass morons. Well, news flash, sir. People DO use the Astoria el. But you don't seem to understand that.

Hell, I don't like the idea that the Q is running on Broadway. So what? Am I going to throw a hissy fit and post about how the Broadway line should be abandoned? But on the other hand, I have to admit that Subtalk can get a bit heated. And some of us just get caught in this kind of thing. Can you blame them? People have their likes and dislikes.

But expressing your vendetta against a harmless elevated subway line. PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD LIVE NEAR ELEVATED RAILWAY LINES. Be it the Astoria El in New York, the Kwun Tong Line in Hong Kong, Ligne #6 in Paris or even the U-bahn in Berlin...there are people living those els, and many others. They bitch about it, sure. There are people who want it gone. But subways are for the general good, and having them demolished by the voice of the minority does a rather horrendous disservice to the majority, am I not correct?

If you have a problem with a simple el, then you can say that. But simply suggesting that it be torn down in that kind of fashion is uncalled for, and in a way, was asking for trouble. And also, advance scouting of any message board before joining into the discussion always helps, and obviously, you didn't do your homework when it came to Subtalk.

When I first came here, I was pretty much accepted into the family. But you, on your entrance, decide to make an entry with a flourish. You have to be the one to grab everyone's attention. People tried to correct you with logic, but obviously you think you are so important that your opinion is the only thing that matters, and that because YOU lived under an el and had a bad experience, means that everyone has to agree with you that the Astoria el should come down.

We are so much more...unfortunately, it is you who need to broaden your mind. Oh yeah, and insulting us and calling us things that are untrue isn't really helping your case.

-John Leung

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.