www.nycsubway.org

Re: Where Do You Say You Live? (218243)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by David Cole on Sun May 6 22:53:47 2001, in response to Re: Where Do You Say You Live?,
posted by Larry Littlefield on Fri May 4 21:52:37 2001.

I'll give New York the advantage on that one. Chicago is a great city, but outside the city limits, it's pretty much 50 miles of suburban sprawl and then nothing but cornfields.

A few exceptions:

• The tony North Shore suburbs are very nice all the way from Evanston up through Lake Bluff. Probably not too different than the nicer parts of Long Island.
  • Southeast of the city along Archer Avenue to Joliet goes through some interesting areas, and has almost a rural feel to it. There's even a few hills.
  • Further west of Chicago, there are some very scenic lakes and river valleys. Starved Rock, I'm told, even has canyons and waterfalls. I plan on taking a drive out there some Saturday whenever I get a chance.
  • Outside of Illinois but still close to Chicago, we have places like Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, and the Indiana Dunes.

The Midwest is still no match for the scenic areas in the Northeast, but not without its merits.

-- David
Chicago, IL

The Nth Ward

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.