www.nycsubway.org

Re: Cypress Hills (217682)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread | Next in Thread ]

Posted by Gerald Davis on Fri May 4 18:23:11 2001, in response to Re: Cypress Hills,
posted by Karl B on Fri May 4 17:35:35 2001.

"The Complete Map of Brooklyn (New York City)," published 1976 by Geographia Map Co. Inc. places its East new York designation on an area south of Atlantic. South of Eastern Pkwy, even. Extending north to Jamaica. I see Woodhaven to the east of Elderts as you say. So, according to them, it's larger than the way you're defining it. But these neighborhood designations are not given specific map boundaries, so it's all kinda vague.

The area you described appears to be south of, not west of the cemetery. A big green areea labelled Cypress Hills Cemetery is immediately north of Jamaica. Other adjacent greenery has other names, "lutheran cemetery," "cemetery of the everglades" "lebanon cemetery."

No, I'm not writing about you. Sorry. Maybe the next one!

Apparently I'll have to revise. I interpreted East NY as part of Queens.

My info is that Lane was a mostly Italian-american school back then (late 40s/50s). True?

I did a websearch on the school back when I was writing in '99 and it seems there was an uproar of parents wanting to transfer students out of fear that the area, and school, had become some kind of a street gang war zone. Sheesh.

I looked up the school's website and read about it. It's a heckuva facility. They didn't make high schools like that out here in Calif.

My mother said John Gotti went there later. Then to Penn State.

No wait a minute, I think she said State Pen.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.