www.nycsubway.org

Re: R30 (LarryRedbirdR33 help) (172812)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by Far Rockaway A Train on Sat Dec 2 14:30:31 2000, in response to Re: R30 (LarryRedbirdR33 help),
posted by Chris R27-R30 on Sat Dec 2 12:37:50 2000.

Well, you might have been "surfing" once to sometimes 3 times a week, but you see, I was (and still am) gainfully employed. Due to me being employed, and living in the Rockaways, I had the fortune of riding the "A" and the "C" trains everyday, Monday thru Friday, twice a day, as well as on weekends. Also, by living in Rockaway, the "A" as well as rerouted "C" trains ran right by my window 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Now, if Larry Redbird R33 does have access to all car assignments, then it will be proven beyond the shadow of the doubt that R27s, as well as unrebuilt Redbird R30s (8412-8569) and rebuilt Redbird R30s and R30As all served on the "C" train in regular revenue service before going to the scrap heap. As a matter of fact, the "C" train was the last assignment of the GE R27s, all R30s (rebuilt and unrebuilt) and R30As as well as the bulk of the unrebuilt R10s and all rebuilt Green Hornet R10s before they were removed from revenue service.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.