www.nycsubway.org

Re: High-V controllers on Manhattan el. (141467)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by bigedirtmanl on Sat Jul 29 02:35:35 2000, in response to Re: High-V controllers on Manhattan el.,
posted by Jeff H. on Sat Jul 29 00:54:00 2000.

For my purposes and I'm sure for most it would have been as well to recondition 3352 as it spent most of its life and as most people knew it.As I recall and have seen in enough photos the center door was controlled by a lever under the cab window, more centered than the MUDC control box. It was open and I believe was the same as the pre-MUDC LV and Flivver cars which had air doors but not MUDC originally.[I believe; neither did the BMT A-B's] Now in my youth and probably for years before there was a box added around that lever. Car 3352 was never an MUDC car. It remained manual door thru it's entire career. The Gibbs that were converted to MUDC were: 3514 and 3515 thru 3649 except for 3524, 3567,3591, 3638 which were used as work motors, not even modified to run with MUDC's. Photos on pages 22 and 23 of They Moved the Millions show that center door control in a box, on manual door cars I mean.

Responses

Replying to posts on SubTalk are disabled at this time.