www.nycsubway.org

Re: AN440 SEPTA and WMATA / Memories (104640)

[ Read Responses | Post a New Response | Return to the Index ]
[ First in Thread ]

Posted by W.E.S. on Mon Feb 23 23:09:41 2004, in response to AN440 SEPTA and WMATA / Memories,
posted by Mdlbigcat on Mon Feb 23 20:10:02 2004.

Basically the Metro Es, put them into storage, and the Orion Vs put them out of their misery(4200-4400s). For two or more years they were stored at the Annex, before being shipped out when the 4200-4400s came. I knew about the 75 buses and only saw up to 9575(that is when all of them were running). Two buses in storage was destroyed when an arson fire was set to cover up a nearby robbery, can't remember which ones. I think I still have a manual record of which ones were still in service, before they were permanently stored.

I am glad I got to ride them at least once, but wish I got the chance to ride them before they were taken off of the streets.

Back in the 80s and early 90s WMATA had a lot of maintenance issues, especially with Southern, where most of the buses that were in bad shape came from. Up to this day Southern's buses are still some of the worse WMATA has and though they have been talking about replacing that garage for over 15 years, nothing has been heard from since, even when WMATA was in their good years.

(There are no responses to this message.)

Replying to posts on BusTalk are disabled at this time.